The Ontario Hooking Craft Guild was established in 1966 to promote the art and craft of rug hooking across the communities of Ontario. We currently have a membership of 900 fibre artists supported by 80 certified teachers. The OHCG operates a yearly school for it's members, offers workshops for Branches and publishes a quarterly newsletter.
PanAm Designs selected
Many imaginative designs have been received for hooking by individuals and groups for the Pan/Para PanAm Games Toronto 2015. Thanks to all who submitted designs and congratulations to our winners! Any late entries will be added to our website as they are received.
Our goal is to produce a minimum of 41 hand-hooked rugs ready for display at the 2014 Annual. The rugs will then be used for promotional purposes by the Pan Am Committee leading up to the games before they are presented to the 41 participating countries. Click here to view and download submitted designs.
2013 Annual OHCG School
The Mount Mary Retreat in Ancaster, Ontario offers a perfect location for the OHCG's school held annually in the fall. Classes start October 24th and run until October 27th. Choose from
Adventures with Textures with Bea Grant, a themed class for the 2014 OHCG Annual Conference, or Shades of Grey with Marjorie Duizer. Explore the exotic, multi-faceted world of paisley in A Passion for Paisleys with Elaine Copeman or learn a new technique in an
Open Class with Anne Boissinot. New hookers and non-members can learn all about hooking in Learn to Hook with Jennifer Curran.
For detailed course descriptions see our School page.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM
Benefits of Membership
- We hold an annual exhibition showcasing the work of our members at the O.H.C.G. Annual Meeting and Display held each spring. Members may enter their finished pieces for display and/or competition.
- Participate in O.H.C.G. sponsored events, such as the Ontario Hooking Craft Guild Rug School and various workshops. Learn from the expertise of qualified O.H.C.G. teachers and benefit from the knowledge of more senior members.
- Persue certification as an O.H.C.G. Teacher.
- Receive four issues annually of the O.H.C.G. Newsletter which contains articles on techniques of hooking and dyeing, hints and tips, news of the various Branches and Guilds, coming events and more.
- Register your hooked rugs and items.
Membership fees are set at $35.00 Cdn for both new members and membership renewal for each calendar year (January to December). Payments may be made independently or collectively through a Branch or Guild.
Individuals: Members are not required to belong to an affiliated Branch or Guild. Such members are referred to as 'independent'. This provides the opportunity for people in remote areas or under certain circumstances, to enjoy the fellowship of the O.H.C.G. as a whole.